Reiki Receive or Simply Reiki Healing
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui, which has since been adapted by various teachers of varying traditions. Reiki is been used popularly for pain relief for cases such as back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, leg pain etc. The healing process slowly removes all the blocks and helps the body recover faster from the ailments. There are many cases in our Institute has proven results for slip disc, spondilitis, arthritis and other rheumatic problems.
What might I experience?
“I feel very refreshed and seem to be thinking more clearly.” “I think I fell asleep.” “I can’t believe how hot your hands got!” “I feel more relaxed than even after a massage.” “My headache is gone.”
These are some of things people typically say after a Reiki session.
The experience of Reiki is subjective, changeable, and sometimes very subtle. People often experience heat in the practitioner’s hands, but sometimes the practitioner’s hands feel refreshingly cool. Other common experiences are subtle pulsations where the practitioner’s hands are placed or cascading waves of pulsations throughout the body.
People often comment how comforting they find the experience of Reiki to be. An interesting study reported that recipients frequently feel that they are hovering in a threshold state of consciousness, simultaneously aware of their surroundings and deeply in drawn. Some people fall into a deep, sleep like meditative state. Sometimes the experience of Reiki is dramatic, while for other people, the first session in particular may be uneventful, although they feel somehow better afterward. The most common experience is an almost immediate release of stress and a feeling of deep relaxation.
Reiki is cumulative and even people who don’t notice much the first time usually have progressively deeper experiences if they continue. Besides the immediate experience of the Reiki, you may notice other changes that continue to unfold as the day goes on: perhaps stronger digestion, a sense of being more centered and poised and less reactive, and sleeping deeply that night.
What should I do during the session?
- If you have music that you particularly enjoy and which is relaxing, bring it to your session and ask the practitioner to play it. You can also request silence if you prefer.
- Use the rest room before your session so that you are able to lie down comfortably.
- Especially if you have any shyness about being touched, ask your practitioner to show you the hand placements before starting so you are very clear what to expect.
- Let the practitioner know your needs before you start. For example, if you have trouble breathing and lying flat is uncomfortable, say so. Or mention if you have had surgery recently and don’t want to be touched where the scar is still tender (the practitioner can float her hand here). If you are pregnant or have digestive complaints, it may not be feasible to lie on your stomach. Inform your practitioner.
As the session progresses, you will feel more relaxed. If you become uncomfortable, you can adjust your position at any time. Be sure to ask for anything that will add to your comfort, such as additional support under your knees or a blanket. This is your special time and your practitioner is there to help you.
Receiving Reiki is a wonderfully passive experience. Don’t try to relax, just let the Reiki relax you. Your state will shift quite naturally as the session proceeds. Meanwhile feel free to daydream, enjoy the music, or simply observe your breath or the sensations of the therapy
What happens after the session?
Do not expect a diagnosis, as that is not part of Reiki. Some practitioners may make common sense suggestions for after-care, such as drinking water and following your body’s needs. Although people typically leave a Reiki session feeling refreshed, sometimes they notice feeling more tired in the evening than usual. This is not viewed as an adverse reaction, but rather as the body’s natural healing response, something to be heeded. People commonly report a sense of calm and mental clarity and sleeping well after Reiki.
Who can Receive Reiki?
Heals on all levels: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual
On a physical level
- Soothing, gentle and relaxing
- Settles babies down
- Raises energetic vibrational level
- Supports body’s innate ability to heal
On a Emotional Level
- Creates deep sense of well being
- Increased optimism
- Positive attitudes towards life
- Promotes greater ability to deal with everyday challenges
On a Mental Level
- Counteracts incessant chatter of mind
- Deeper thought processes accessible
- Aware of what is really important